No 2 Gordon Esa Street Off Ankpa Quaters, Atom Kpera Road Makurdi, Benue State.
Community Links and Human Empowerment initiative is a non-governmental organization established to bring smiles and plant hope in communities especially among the youths, women and vulnerable children, with offices in Makurdi and the other in Ushongo LGAs of Benue. CLHEI was founded in Benue State, Nigeria in January 2006 and is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in 2010 with registration number CAC/IT/N0 41255. We complement government’s efforts by reaching out to people in the communities especially youths, women and children at the grass roots level, by addressing issues of community development, health, environment, peace and conflict.
We bridge the development gap by empowering individuals, youths, farmers, and women groups morally, socially, and economically, thereby bringing about change in the society. CLHEI serves communities through a variety of programs, including outreaches, seminars, and workshops, bringing professional resource persons to impart skills, knowledge and to build capacities in various fields. We believe that women are the rallying point of the society, thus developing their capacity and empowering them potentially has a multiplier effect on society in general.
We reach out to children because women have concern for their children and both cannot be treated in isolation, besides, children are the leaders of tomorrow. We are willing to learn and to partner with other local and international NGOs to effect a positive change in our society.
1. To empower rural communities towards self help and development, linking them to opportunities in areas of agriculture, good governance, and human development.
2. To advocate for provision of quality health care to rural communities in Nigeria and help fight the scourge of HIV/AIDS, reduce vulnerability in malaria, Tuberculosis and other public health challenges..
3. To encourage people especially women and youths improve on indigenous technology and increase productivity..
4. To increase Community participation in promoting a peaceful society devoid of gender and other human rights abuses..
5. To work in achieving Community Led best Environment, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) practices..
6. To work closely with other nongovernmental organizations, governmental organizations, and other civil society groups to advance development in our society..
7. Rapid, dignified and efficient humanitarian aid during emergencies..